A security camera can let you check in on your home or business from anywhere at anytime. It doesn’t matter if you are across town or in another country, you can quickly and easily view your property on your smartphone, tablet or computer to ensure that everything is ok. Many of the latest surveillance cameras and systems can be set up to record automatically when they detect motion and to send you an alert to notify you of any potential intruders.
Cameras are available in a variety of different configurations to fit every requirement. Choosing the right type of product will ensure that it meets your needs and will provide years of service.
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Security And Surveillance Cameras
Remote Home Monitoring Systems
These systems are designed to look after your house and property. Many can be connected to an alarm system as well or come with a siren to scare off any intruders. They provide video coverage with one or more cameras and usually record either to a hard disk drive (HDD) or to a cloud based service. The latest models allow for two way talk so that you can confront anybody that is on knocking on your door and determine if they are a threat or not, for example a delivery driver or door to door salesperson.
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection. Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark. (power source required)
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- Activity Alerts - Motion Detection features use state-of-the-art technology to detect and send notifications to your phone. Activity Alerts (1-day storage in YI Cloud) available free of charge without a microSD memory card or a YI Cloud subscription
- Plug & Play and Easy Setup: The wireless cameras are paired with the NVR system at manufacturing site. Just power on and serve yourself with 24/7 surveillance. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere you wish. (Refer to the manual for further usage)
- IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera: Records in 1080P HD to capture crisp images, provide HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2.0 Megapixel bullet cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof. Best choice for your outdoor home security
- Motion Detection and Email Alert: Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone when motion is detected. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- Pan/Tilt 360° View, 12X Zooming: HeimVision PTZ camera equipped with 355° pan, 90° tilt enables you to monitor 360° view on APP, no blind spots. The adavanced digital + optical zooming technology makes the image still clear even with 12X zooming, which allows the surveillance video footages with more visible details that may be important for later investigation.
- 2*2MP Ultra HD & Color Night Vision: HeimVision Protect D1 camera adopts 2pcs upgraded lenses, you’ll get 2*2MP (twice clear as 1080P) ultra HD video to monitor your property . The outdoor camera is with 2 bright built-in floodlights ensure true color night vision even at pitch dark night. This smart camera will auto-switch to night vision mode when it darks out, night vision range up to 98ft.
- Smart Detection, Tracking & Alerts: Protect D1 smart camera supports motion, sound detection, and you can customize the sensitivity(low/meduim/high) and detection zone to meet your application scenes. . Instant alerts will be pushed to your mobile when motion is detected. If an intruder trepasses your property, this security camera will track the motion and record every single move the intruder makes. You won't miss any moment that matters.
- Plug and Play & Easy Setup: The wireless security cameras is paired with the NVR system at the manufacturing plant. Just connect the power supply, you can enjoy 24*7 monitoring service. Inserting a 1TB hard drive (not included) can save one and a half month of continuous recording video, which is very suitable for villas, homes, offices, shops, hotels, warehouses, schools, businesses or other places you want.
- Multiple Devices can be Connected: Connect the wireless security NVR system to router then download free app ''Eseecloud' into your windows & Mac, Pad, or Android or iOS. You can remote access simultaneously on multiple devices at any time, anywhere with Wi-Fi/ 2G/ 3G/ 4G. You will never miss out on a moment with remote and local playback.
- Motion Detection and Email Alert: Smart notifications with email/snapshot alerts will be sent to your mailbox when motion is detected. Customize your own detection zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts to avoid frequent alarm.
- 1080P HD indoor, plug-in security camera with motion detection and two way audio that lets you monitor the inside of your home day and night.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- See, hear, and speak to people and pets in your home on your smartphone with Blink Mini’s live view and two-way audio features (live view is not continuous).
- 2 Pack 1080P HD Wi-Fi Camera, Total 2 Free SD Cards: 2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a clear live view of your home. IR night vision up to 33 ft. for extreme low light coverage, ensuring your high-quality view of your home even in the dark. Built-in microSD slot , We provide 2 FREE SD Cards.
- Easy set up: Camera and App are easy to install, simple to control, and a breeze to maintain. Compatible with 2.4GHz WiFI network. (Not 5GHz Wi-Fi) Download app from App Store or Google Play. Compatible with Alexa and Google assistant. We have excellent customer service team to help you.
- AI Human Detection, Two-way audio: Human detection technology enables the camera to intelligently detect body shape and face pattern. Ensuring you are only alerted when a person, and not a stray cat, approaches. Live streaming 24/7 with real-time motion. Smart customizable motion detection has Intelligent motion Alerts feature, you can receive Message Alerts on your phone. Listen and talk to family or pets with built-in anti-noise mic and speaker.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
Last update on 2021-01-22 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Kits and DVR systems are a great option if you need multiple cameras to provide completer coverage at your home or business. These systems usually come in 4 channel, 8 channel or 16 channel configurations allowing for 4 cameras, 8 cameras or 16 cameras to be hooked up. Some systems can be upgraded with additional cameras if needed. Recorded video is usually kept on a hard disk drive (HDD) on the DVR unit with typical sizes ranging from 1TB to 2TB or more of recording space. Remote operation can be achieved through your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Cameras are usually either bullet style or dome style depending on the users need. Bullet styles offer many different video resolutions, mounting types and remote controls, while dome cameras are great where more coverage is needed.
Wireless cameras offer easier setup as they do not require a cable running back to the DVR system however in many cases they still require a power cable to operate.
Indoor and outdoor models are offered depending on where the cameras need to be installed. Outdoor units are designed to operate in rain, snow and other adverse conditions so always make sure that any camera being used outside meets the required standards.
Wifi webcams are the easiest and less expensive way to add home surveillance. They are usually a single unit that you can place anywhere in your house. They offer remote viewing, two way talk and motion detector features on the latest models. An app lets you view live or recorded video on a smartphone, pc or tablet. These are sometimes called wireless IP cameras.