A security camera can let you check in on your home or business from anywhere at anytime. It doesn’t matter if you are across town or in another country, you can quickly and easily view your property on your smartphone, tablet or computer to ensure that everything is ok. Many of the latest surveillance cameras and systems can be set up to record automatically when they detect motion and to send you an alert to notify you of any potential intruders.
Cameras are available in a variety of different configurations to fit every requirement. Choosing the right type of product will ensure that it meets your needs and will provide years of service.
Last update on 2020-04-07 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Security And Surveillance Cameras
Remote Home Monitoring Systems
These systems are designed to look after your house and property. Many can be connected to an alarm system as well or come with a siren to scare off any intruders. They provide video coverage with one or more cameras and usually record either to a hard disk drive (HDD) or to a cloud based service. The latest models allow for two way talk so that you can confront anybody that is on knocking on your door and determine if they are a threat or not, for example a delivery driver or door to door salesperson.
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- 【Plug & Play and Easy Setup】The wireless cameras and NVR are auto-paired during the factory setting. Just need to connect the wireless cameras and NVR with Power Supply provided for 24/ 7 surveillance purposes. Please also refer to the manual for further instructions. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere. (Wireless means wireless Internet connection, but also need to plug in power supply)
- 【IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera】 Records in 960P HD to capture sharp and crisp images, provide crystal-clear HD live video, ensures crisp smooth footage day and night with 1. 3 Megapixel bullet cameras. 1080P NVR is an HD video recorder for recording, transmission, and storage, etc. (Hard drive MAX 6TB support. Not included HDD). Up to 15m Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust tight and waterproof and cover with durable housing. Best choice for your outdoor home security.
- 【Motion Detection and Email Alert】HeimVision wireless surveillance camera system provide to minimize false alarms. Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone via iPhone/ Android App when motion is detected. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening.
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--The cctv security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed,it's ready to record,you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording,you can also remote playback and live view the video on smartphone.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 8 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 100ft Night Vision. the Metal Housing IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【Easy& Quick Remote Access】--Connect the system with internet,Scan the QR code to Download the free APP on smart phone or Tablet(work with Android and IOS system),and add the device information on free phone APP, just 3 steps, you can remote monitoring the cameras on mobile device anytime.
- 🏠FHD 1080P & Night Vision: High resolution images in 1080p resolution, and combined a 3.6mm wide lens to cover more spaces clearly even in the pitch dark with a night vision distance up to 32ft.
- 🏠Two-Way Audio: AMICCOM outside wireless cameras security allows you to communicate with welcomed guests, and deterrent alarm can get rid of unwanted guests. Store all of your 24/7 recorded security surveillance footage from our outdoor camera to our cloud or use a Micro SD card (Max 128GB).
- 🏠SMART MOTION DETECT & ALERT: AMICCOM outdoor surveillance camera wireless schedulable motion detection, motion recording and real-time motion alert via APP, upload snapshots and videos, motion sensibility adjustment, accurate and smart motion detection less false alarm.
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection. Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark. (power source required)
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- Activity Alerts - Motion Detection features use state-of-the-art technology to detect and send notifications to your phone. Activity Alerts (7-day storage in YI Cloud) available free of charge without a microSD memory card or a YI Cloud subscription
- 【1080P FHD with 2 Megapixel Lens】Wansview outdoor security camera is equiped with 2 Megapixel HD lens, which delivers crystal clear & smooth video day & night, protect your home wherever you are. Camera works with 2.4G WiFi（5G is not supported）
- 【Compatible with Alexa & Night Vision】Wansview home security camera works with Alexa, you could ask your Echo Show, Fire TV to show your wansview wifi camera; with 24pcs built-in infrared LED, night vision distance up to 20 meters, which gives you a piece of mind day & night.
- 【IP66 Waterproof Rated】 Wansview outdoor wifi camera is rated with IP66, the working temperature ranges from 14F to 104F (-10℃·40℃)made with aluminum alloy, it is vandalproof and can work well under harsh weather, even in the storm and snowy weather.
- 【Plug & Play and Easy Setup】Connect cameras, display screen and router to DVR with the provided cables, and then power for cameras and DVR for 24/ 7 surveillance purposes. This video recorder system supports video preview, recording, sync-playback, backup, motion detection, and email alarm. Perfect for villa, home yard, office, store, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere
- 【IP66 Weatherproof Camera】 Records in 1080P HD to capture sharp and crisp images, provide crystal-clear HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2. 0 Megapixel bullet cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof and withstand temperatures from -4°F--122°F. 5MP-Lite DVR is an HD-TVI video recorder for recording, transmission, and storage, etc. (Hard drive MAX 6TB support. Not included HDD). Best choice for your outdoor home security
- 【Motion Alert and Face Detection】HeimVision wireless surveillance system provides to minimize false alarms. Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your phone when the camera detects the human face or shape or motion. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, Get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening
- Compact plug-in indoor camera that lets you see, hear and speak to people and pets from your phone, tablet, or select Echo device.
- Watch over your entire home by connecting one or multiple Indoor Cams to all your Ring devices in the Ring app.
- Add a Ring Protect Basic Plan for $3/month and record all your videos, review what you missed for up 60 days, and share videos with friends, family, neighbors and more.
Last update on 2020-04-07 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Kits and DVR systems are a great option if you need multiple cameras to provide completer coverage at your home or business. These systems usually come in 4 channel, 8 channel or 16 channel configurations allowing for 4 cameras, 8 cameras or 16 cameras to be hooked up. Some systems can be upgraded with additional cameras if needed. Recorded video is usually kept on a hard disk drive (HDD) on the DVR unit with typical sizes ranging from 1TB to 2TB or more of recording space. Remote operation can be achieved through your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Cameras are usually either bullet style or dome style depending on the users need. Bullet styles offer many different video resolutions, mounting types and remote controls, while dome cameras are great where more coverage is needed.
Wireless cameras offer easier setup as they do not require a cable running back to the DVR system however in many cases they still require a power cable to operate.
Indoor and outdoor models are offered depending on where the cameras need to be installed. Outdoor units are designed to operate in rain, snow and other adverse conditions so always make sure that any camera being used outside meets the required standards.
Wifi webcams are the easiest and less expensive way to add home surveillance. They are usually a single unit that you can place anywhere in your house. They offer remote viewing, two way talk and motion detector features on the latest models. An app lets you view live or recorded video on a smartphone, pc or tablet. These are sometimes called wireless IP cameras.