A security camera can let you check in on your home or business from anywhere at anytime. It doesn’t matter if you are across town or in another country, you can quickly and easily view your property on your smartphone, tablet or computer to ensure that everything is ok. Many of the latest surveillance cameras and systems can be set up to record automatically when they detect motion and to send you an alert to notify you of any potential intruders.
Cameras are available in a variety of different configurations to fit every requirement. Choosing the right type of product will ensure that it meets your needs and will provide years of service.
Last update on 2020-10-26 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Security And Surveillance Cameras
Remote Home Monitoring Systems
These systems are designed to look after your house and property. Many can be connected to an alarm system as well or come with a siren to scare off any intruders. They provide video coverage with one or more cameras and usually record either to a hard disk drive (HDD) or to a cloud based service. The latest models allow for two way talk so that you can confront anybody that is on knocking on your door and determine if they are a threat or not, for example a delivery driver or door to door salesperson.
- Plug & Play and Easy Setup: The wireless cameras are paired with the NVR system at manufacturing site. Just power on and serve yourself with 24/7 surveillance. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere you wish. (Refer to the manual for further usage)
- IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera: Records in 1080P HD to capture crisp images, provide HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2.0 Megapixel bullet cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof. Best choice for your outdoor home security
- Motion Detection and Email Alert: Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone when motion is detected. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--The cctv security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed,it's ready to record,you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording,you can also remote playback and live view the video on smartphone.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 8 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 100ft Night Vision. the Metal Housing IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【Easy& Quick Remote Access】--Connect the system with internet,Scan the QR code to Download the free APP on smart phone or Tablet(work with Android and IOS system),and add the device information on free phone APP, just 3 steps, you can remote monitoring the cameras on mobile device anytime.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection. Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark. (power source required)
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- Activity Alerts - Motion Detection features use state-of-the-art technology to detect and send notifications to your phone. Activity Alerts (1-day storage in YI Cloud) available free of charge without a microSD memory card or a YI Cloud subscription
- Compact plug-in indoor camera that lets you see, hear and speak to people and pets from your phone, tablet, or select Echo device.
- Watch over your entire home by connecting one or multiple Indoor Cams to all your Ring devices in the Ring app.
- With a Ring Protect Plan (subscription sold separately), record all your videos, review what you missed for up to 60 days, and share videos and photos.
- RECHARGEABLE & LONG STANDBY TIME: This rechargeable camera comes with a 6000mAh battery that lasts up to 2 – 5 months when fully charged so that you don’t have to worry about continuously charging it(Tips: FULLY CHARGE when use it for first time).
- EASY TO INSTALL & USE: This wire-free battery powered outdoor security camera takes less than 5 minutes to set up without having to use any complicated tools. It comes with a magnetic bracket screw and double-sided adhesive tape allowing you to install it. anywhere you want.
- WIRELESS & CORDLESS: When we say our indoor/outdoor surveillance camera is totally wireless, we mean it. There are no wires involved whether it’s watching the streams or installing it. Our rechargeable security camera is powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that allows you to place it indoors and outdoors without worrying about annoying wires. (ONLY COMPATIBLE with 2.4G WiFi router)
- 【H.264+ VIDEO COMPRESSION】Compared with H.264,H.264+ is Able to Double Data Compression Ratio,While Improve Video Quality with Low Bit-rate,It Enables IP Camera to Deliver Smooth HD Video with Low Bandwidth,in Turn,Reducing the Network Bandwidth and Save up to 50% Video Storage Space .1Tb Hard Drive Pre-installed support 24 hours More than 30 days reliable video recording.
- 【EXPANDABLE CAMERAS】 Extensible 8 Channel cameras(Asin:B07JQZQRVG/B07FVSK6BY),refer video: https://youtu.be/6xukfcNbMOQ. This system includes 1x 8-channel 1080P (1920x1080) NVR and 4 x 1080P (1920 X 1080) wireless IP66 waterproof Camera with Audio.cameras and nvr are Paired before shipping,Connect the NVR and Cameras with Power Adapter，Cameras configuration 10 ft cable Power Supply ,be fit for Installation.
- 【Remotely Anytime and Anywhere】Wireless Surveillance Camera System Allows you to View the Live Video Remotely Anytime and Anywhere by Phone and Pad(Available for Android & IOS system). Download Free APP “EseeCloud” from Android Google Play or Apple APP Store. Register an New Account, then Add Device ID. You can View the Video by WiFi or 3G/4G Network. PC/Laptop View: Windows System: CMS Software. MAC system: MAC CMS Software.(Please Send E-mail to Hiseeu for Software)
Last update on 2020-10-26 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Kits and DVR systems are a great option if you need multiple cameras to provide completer coverage at your home or business. These systems usually come in 4 channel, 8 channel or 16 channel configurations allowing for 4 cameras, 8 cameras or 16 cameras to be hooked up. Some systems can be upgraded with additional cameras if needed. Recorded video is usually kept on a hard disk drive (HDD) on the DVR unit with typical sizes ranging from 1TB to 2TB or more of recording space. Remote operation can be achieved through your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Cameras are usually either bullet style or dome style depending on the users need. Bullet styles offer many different video resolutions, mounting types and remote controls, while dome cameras are great where more coverage is needed.
Wireless cameras offer easier setup as they do not require a cable running back to the DVR system however in many cases they still require a power cable to operate.
Indoor and outdoor models are offered depending on where the cameras need to be installed. Outdoor units are designed to operate in rain, snow and other adverse conditions so always make sure that any camera being used outside meets the required standards.
Wifi webcams are the easiest and less expensive way to add home surveillance. They are usually a single unit that you can place anywhere in your house. They offer remote viewing, two way talk and motion detector features on the latest models. An app lets you view live or recorded video on a smartphone, pc or tablet. These are sometimes called wireless IP cameras.