A security camera can let you check in on your home or business from anywhere at anytime. It doesn’t matter if you are across town or in another country, you can quickly and easily view your property on your smartphone, tablet or computer to ensure that everything is ok. Many of the latest surveillance cameras and systems can be set up to record automatically when they detect motion and to send you an alert to notify you of any potential intruders.
Cameras are available in a variety of different configurations to fit every requirement. Choosing the right type of product will ensure that it meets your needs and will provide years of service.
Last update on 2021-03-02 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Security And Surveillance Cameras
Remote Home Monitoring Systems
These systems are designed to look after your house and property. Many can be connected to an alarm system as well or come with a siren to scare off any intruders. They provide video coverage with one or more cameras and usually record either to a hard disk drive (HDD) or to a cloud based service. The latest models allow for two way talk so that you can confront anybody that is on knocking on your door and determine if they are a threat or not, for example a delivery driver or door to door salesperson.
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage - Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark - Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Outdoor is built to withstand the elements to help you protect your home inside or out, come rain or shine.
- 24/7 Full HD Recording - F/2.0 aperture, 112 wide-angle lens, 1080p/15fps to capture moments with clear picture. Features two-way audio to allow you to receive and transmit audio from any location with a WiFi connection. Enhanced Night Vision - 8 individual 940nm infrared LED's, which automatically turns on infrared (IR) in low light conditions, allowing you to see clearly in the dark. (power source required)
- Optional 24/7 Emergency Response Service - YI’s motion alerts and live video feeds are now equipped with the option to instantly involve Noonlight’s Certified Emergency Dispatchers, who coordinate with police, fire, and EMS agencies on customers’ behalf to ensure the situation is promptly handled.
- Activity Alerts - Motion Detection features use state-of-the-art technology to detect and send notifications to your phone. Activity Alerts (1-day storage in YI Cloud) available free of charge without a microSD memory card or a YI Cloud subscription
- Easy to Use - The TECKIN CAM is configured and operated by the Teckin App over a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. It can be installed on the wall or placed on a shelf. Enjoy Live Streaming with 1080P and 110?wide-angle viewing over the internet.
- Motion / Sound Detection - The TECKIN CAM detects sound and movement to automatically record a video. The Teckin App will send notifications to your phone when it has been triggered. You can have peace of mind when you're away.
- Two-way Audio & Night Vision - The TECKIN CAM provides the ability to have a two-way conversation with those in the room, from family members to pets. The Night Vision mode allows you to see clearly in the dark, up to 32ft with 6 IR LEDs.
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--The cctv security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed,it's ready to record,you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording,you can also remote playback and live view the video on smartphone.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 8 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 100ft Night Vision. the Metal Housing IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【Easy& Quick Remote Access】--Connect the system with internet,Scan the QR code to Download the free APP on smart phone or Tablet(work with Android and IOS system),and add the device information on free phone APP, just 3 steps, you can remote monitoring the cameras on mobile device anytime.
- Pan/Tilt 360° View, 12X Zooming: HeimVision PTZ camera equipped with 355° pan, 90° tilt enables you to monitor 360° view on APP, no blind spots. The adavanced digital + optical zooming technology makes the image still clear even with 12X zooming, which allows the surveillance video footages with more visible details that may be important for later investigation.
- 2*2MP Ultra HD & Color Night Vision: HeimVision Protect D1 camera adopts 2pcs upgraded lenses, you’ll get 2*2MP (twice clear as 1080P) ultra HD video to monitor your property . The outdoor camera is with 2 bright built-in floodlights ensure true color night vision even at pitch dark night. This smart camera will auto-switch to night vision mode when it darks out, night vision range up to 98ft.
- Smart Detection, Tracking & Alerts: Protect D1 smart camera supports motion, sound detection, and you can customize the sensitivity(low/meduim/high) and detection zone to meet your application scenes. . Instant alerts will be pushed to your mobile when motion is detected. If an intruder trepasses your property, this security camera will track the motion and record every single move the intruder makes. You won't miss any moment that matters.
- Plug & Play and Easy Setup: The wireless cameras are paired with the NVR system at manufacturing site. Just power on and serve yourself with 24/7 surveillance. Perfect for villa, home, office, shop, hotel, warehouse, school, business or elsewhere you wish. (Refer to the manual for further usage)
- IP66 Weatherproof Security Camera: Records in 1080P HD to capture crisp images, provide HD live video, ensures smooth footage day and night with 2.0 Megapixel bullet cameras. Up to 65ft Night Vision. The IP cameras are rated as dust-tight and waterproof. Best choice for your outdoor home security
- Motion Detection and Email Alert: Smart notifications with email/ snapshot alerts will be pushed to your smartphone when motion is detected. Customize your own detection plan and zone for each camera, you will get extra peace of mind by receiving instant alerts and get notified of what's happening
- ✔ Super Mini Camera: MOCMYKON wireless mini security camera (1.69*0.98 in) is just a little bit bigger than a coin, which is easy to hide in various environments. It will take videos and photos without attracting any attention. How wonderful is it that such a small device can keep your home, shop, office, garage and warehouse under monitoring!
- ✔ 1920*1080P Video Resolution & 2 Million High Picture Pixel: The tiny cop cam takes videos in full HD 1920X1080P and photos in 2 million high pixels. It equipped with the latest 1/2.5" color CMOS sensor which helps reflect the superior image quality of the screen than other mini cameras on the market. Provide you with the high definition visual feast!
- ✔ IR Night Vision & 150° wide view angle & Motion Detection & Alert: The mini camera feature 6 most advanced infrared night led lights, which won’t glow to attract any attention when shooting and provide high-precision image quality even in the dark. Night vision range reaches 16.4 feet. The 150° wide view angle help you see more of everything that’s happening. Also, once the camera detects movements, it will start recording and send you an alert message automatically.
Last update on 2021-03-02 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Kits and DVR systems are a great option if you need multiple cameras to provide completer coverage at your home or business. These systems usually come in 4 channel, 8 channel or 16 channel configurations allowing for 4 cameras, 8 cameras or 16 cameras to be hooked up. Some systems can be upgraded with additional cameras if needed. Recorded video is usually kept on a hard disk drive (HDD) on the DVR unit with typical sizes ranging from 1TB to 2TB or more of recording space. Remote operation can be achieved through your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Cameras are usually either bullet style or dome style depending on the users need. Bullet styles offer many different video resolutions, mounting types and remote controls, while dome cameras are great where more coverage is needed.
Wireless cameras offer easier setup as they do not require a cable running back to the DVR system however in many cases they still require a power cable to operate.
Indoor and outdoor models are offered depending on where the cameras need to be installed. Outdoor units are designed to operate in rain, snow and other adverse conditions so always make sure that any camera being used outside meets the required standards.
Wifi webcams are the easiest and less expensive way to add home surveillance. They are usually a single unit that you can place anywhere in your house. They offer remote viewing, two way talk and motion detector features on the latest models. An app lets you view live or recorded video on a smartphone, pc or tablet. These are sometimes called wireless IP cameras.