A security camera can let you check in on your home or business from anywhere at anytime. It doesn’t matter if you are across town or in another country, you can quickly and easily view your property on your smartphone, tablet or computer to ensure that everything is ok. Many of the latest surveillance cameras and systems can be set up to record automatically when they detect motion and to send you an alert to notify you of any potential intruders.
Cameras are available in a variety of different configurations to fit every requirement. Choosing the right type of product will ensure that it meets your needs and will provide years of service.
Last update on 2021-07-15 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Types of Security And Surveillance Cameras
Remote Home Monitoring Systems
These systems are designed to look after your house and property. Many can be connected to an alarm system as well or come with a siren to scare off any intruders. They provide video coverage with one or more cameras and usually record either to a hard disk drive (HDD) or to a cloud based service. The latest models allow for two way talk so that you can confront anybody that is on knocking on your door and determine if they are a threat or not, for example a delivery driver or door to door salesperson.
- Blink Outdoor is a wireless battery-powered HD security camera that helps you monitor your home day or night with infrared night vision.
- With long-lasting battery life, Outdoor runs for up to two years on two AA lithium batteries (included).
- Store video clips and photos in the cloud with the Blink Subscription Plan and save events locally to the Blink Sync Module 2 via a USB flash drive (sold separately).
- 1080P HD indoor, plug-in security camera with motion detection and two way audio that lets you monitor the inside of your home day and night.
- Get alerts on your smartphone whenever motion is detected or customize motion detection zones so you can see what matters most.
- Store events conveniently and securely in the cloud with a 30-day free trial of the Blink Subscription Plan or locally with the Sync Module 2 and a USB flash drive (USB sold separately).
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--The cctv security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed,it's ready to record,you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording,you can also remote playback and live view the video on smartphone.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 8 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 100ft Night Vision. the IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【Easy& Quick Remote Access】--Connect the system with internet,Scan the QR code to Download the free APP on smart phone or Tablet(work with Android and IOS system),and add the device information on free phone APP, just 3 steps, you can remote monitoring the cameras on mobile device anytime.
- 【Security Camera System with 1TB Hard Drive】--XVIM 1080P CCTV security DVR recorder with 1TB hard drive pre-installed, it's ready to record, you can set up to auto, manual and motion detection recording, you can also remote playback and live view the video on smart service.
- 【Indoor/outdoor CCTV cameras with Night Vision】--This Home Security System come with 4 PCS 1080P HD 2.0 Megapixels Security Cameras with IR cut 85ft Night Vision. the IP66 Weatherproof Cameras can be used Indoor and Outdoor.
- 【True 24/7 monitoring】--XVIM Security Cameras Build-in with IR Cut Filter ensures true color under all lighting conditions day or night; Video Surveillance DVR Equiped with HDMI and VGA port for multi video output.You can live view the recording on HD TV or a computer monitor.
- 【Keeps An Eye on Your Home Anytime by Cellphone and PC】 Download LaView app through Google Store and APP Store, then watching 24/7 real-time streaming via your mobile phone anytime, anywhere. The camera support PC real-time streaming. You can also watch live on your laptop and PC. 9 live feed available on PC.
- 【Wifi Cameras 1080P & Night Vision】2.1-megapixel resolution always brings you a clear live view of your home. Advanced IR night vision up to 33 ft. For extreme low light coverage, ensuring your high-quality view of your home even in the dark.
- 【Motion Detection & Two-way audio】A indoor home security camera with instant motion detection is neccessary and important for our life. Live streaming 24/7 with real-time motion. Smart customizable motion detection has Intelligent motion Alerts feature, you can receive Message Alerts on your phone. Listen and talk to family or pets with built-in anti-noise mic and speaker.
- 【H. 265/H.265+ 8CH 5MP Lite HD-TVI DVR】--With the advanced H. 265 technology, which could double the data compression ratio, keep the high quality video even with low bit-rate, it allows you to maximize storage space and enjoy ultra-long recording.
- 【Expandable camera system】-this is 8Channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports analog HD-TVI CVI AHD camera It provides you the flexibility to extend additional cameras You can add more 4pcs 720P or 1080P Bullet or dome cameras
- 【Built in 1TB Security Grade Hard Drive】-- Support ultra-long continuous recording and backup by USB. Dvr can be set to automatically overwrite the oldest internally stored footage or you can transfer those video files by USB to a memory stick or external hard Drive.
- 【Long Standby & PIR Smart Motion Detection】This wireless camera is equipped with a rechargeable large-capacity battery and PIR sensor. When human movement is detected, the camera can send a notification to your smart phone to prevent thieves and help you screen visitors who may enter your door. With PIR intelligent motion detection, it can usually work for 1-6 months. (Reminder: Fully charge when using for the first time.)
- 【Easy to Install & Suitable for Multiple Environments】The camera is wireless, so you don't need a power cord or network cable, you can complete all installations very easily and quickly.The camera can be installed almost anywhere, such as shop, home, garage, yard, outdoor/indoor.
- 【Strong privacy protection & Upgraded Night Vision】Customer privacy is the most important thing. We have adopted the latest encryption technology to double-encrypt the surveillance video, which has well protected the privacy of customers.The upgraded night vision capability can achieve night vision up to 32ft (10m), and the 130° wide-angle can help you capture clear video from multiple angles.
- 【Clearer Picture】 Capture crystal clear images and videos anytime with the 2021 upgraded 3MP (2048 x 1536) HD outdoor cameras and 65ft infrared night vision. Four pcs security camera outdoor also comes with alarm-powered floodlights for better home security and full-color night video footages. This IP66 waterproof wireless security camera system is suitable for homes, offices, shops, hotels, schools, villas, etc.
- 【AI Human Detection】 Reduces false alarms -- Compared with the traditional motion detection alert, the K4W10 wifi camera adopt more advanced AI human detection technology in 2021. Advanced AI technology for home security camera systems distinguishes humans from animals or objects within the monitoring range reducing false alarms. When an intruder enters the monitoring range, the screen will display the human frame, and an LED alarm will be triggered.
- 【Plug and Play】Security camera outdoor wireless wifi needs to be plugged and play. The NVR and surveillance cameras are auto-paired out of the box and ready to go. Just plug in the NVR and security cameras, connect to WiFi without network cables makes the NVR wireless security camera system a high-tech but user-friendly wireless home security camera system. (Note: "Wireless cameras" means you can connect to the internet wirelessly.)
Last update on 2021-07-26 PST / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Kits and DVR systems are a great option if you need multiple cameras to provide completer coverage at your home or business. These systems usually come in 4 channel, 8 channel or 16 channel configurations allowing for 4 cameras, 8 cameras or 16 cameras to be hooked up. Some systems can be upgraded with additional cameras if needed. Recorded video is usually kept on a hard disk drive (HDD) on the DVR unit with typical sizes ranging from 1TB to 2TB or more of recording space. Remote operation can be achieved through your smartphone, tablet or PC.
Cameras are usually either bullet style or dome style depending on the users need. Bullet styles offer many different video resolutions, mounting types and remote controls, while dome cameras are great where more coverage is needed.
Wireless cameras offer easier setup as they do not require a cable running back to the DVR system however in many cases they still require a power cable to operate.
Indoor and outdoor models are offered depending on where the cameras need to be installed. Outdoor units are designed to operate in rain, snow and other adverse conditions so always make sure that any camera being used outside meets the required standards.
Wifi webcams are the easiest and less expensive way to add home surveillance. They are usually a single unit that you can place anywhere in your house. They offer remote viewing, two way talk and motion detector features on the latest models. An app lets you view live or recorded video on a smartphone, pc or tablet. These are sometimes called wireless IP cameras.